03 June 2008

Dust baths




I ran across the photo of the horse at the new Shelton wet/dry, where it was offered without commentary or explanation.

That prompted me to Google "dust bath" (58,000 hits!), which elicited the video embedded above of a chinchilla taking a dust bath... "Chinchillas need dust baths to keep their lush fur clean and in good condition. As you can see in this video of Marlin, chinchillas really get into a dust bath, rolling around in the dust very actively and acrobatically."

Then there were articles on how to build dust baths for birds to put in the back yard next to the water bath.

Then stories about elephants. Which reminded me of the photo of the "partly clean elephant" that I had saved months ago wondering in what context I could ever use it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...