10 November 2010

Indian doctor will dissect his father's body

Dr Mahantesh Ramannavar told the BBC that the task was challenging but he had no choice. His father, who fought against British colonial rule, was a renowned ayurvedic (traditional medicine) doctor. He died two years ago, aged 89, and stipulated in his will that his corpse should be cut open by his doctor son for medical research...

"I hope my gesture will help others to donate bodies. This is a message I want to convey to the world," Dr Mahantesh told the BBC... "There is no opposition from my family. They are supporting me. This is because this is what he willed," he said... "All my family members have written wills to donate their bodies," he said.

4 comments:

  1. "All my family members have written wills to donate their bodies,"


    What an unlucky doctor...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but why the Mickey ears??? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy, enlarge the photo, and you will see that there is a poster behind that young man.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jerry, she probably knows that. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...