29 July 2013

Subtypes of geochemists

I don’t know who came up with this — it’s been bouncing around science journals for 50 years:

Hydromicrobiogeochemist: one who studies small underwater flora and their relationship to underlying rock strata by using chemical methods.

Microhydrobiogeochemist: one who studies flora in very small bodies of water and their relationship to underlying rock strata by using chemical methods.

Microbiohydrogeochemist: one who studies small flora and their relationship to underlying rock strata by using chemical methods and SCUBA equipment.

Biohydromicrogeochemist: a very small geochemist who studies the effect of plant life in hydrology.

Hydrobiomicrogeochemist: a very small geochemist who studies wet plants.

Biomicrohydrogeochemist: a very small, wet geochemist who likes lettuce.
Found in the Futility Closet.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Futility Closet!
    I think I have you to thank for my ever going there in the first place. One good blog leads to another, I suppose.
    That last reminds me of two of my students (they're brothers). How many little boys eat lettuce as if it were potato chips?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...